Buddy Arnheim,Partner Perkins Coie’s Business practice, focuses his practice on the representation of emerging growth companies, venture capital funds and investment banks. Buddy is widely acknowledged as a leading practitioner in the areas of corporate and securities law and corporate governance matters. He has been involved in hundreds of transactions such as public equity and debt offerings, merger/acquisition transactions, private equity and venture capital financing transactions, and complex restructurings and spin-off transactions. His clientele includes startup and well-established emerging growth companies, primarily in the software, information technology, Internet, fixed and mobile communications technology, cleantech and life sciences sectors. He heads the firm’s Emerging Company practice and Co-Chairs both the firm’s Israel and Cleantech practice groups. Recently, Buddy became an Adjunct Professor at the University of Illinois College of Law, where he teaches a course on entrepreneurship. Buddy has lectured at various professional and industry seminars as well as at nationally recognized universities. He co-authored “The Public Company Handbook: A Practical Guide for Officers and Directors,” published by Bowne Financial Printing.
Buddy discusses the various sources of capital used to fund the early stage technology startup, & delves deeply into the terms & structures used for such investments.
- 2012 VC Investments Off 10 Percent, Dragged Down by Biotech and Cleantech (allthingsd.com)
- Venture Investing Fell In 2012 And More Caution May Be Ahead (pehub.com)
- The fourth quarter of 2012 in cleantech (pro.gigaom.com)
- Cleantech Falls Hard in ’12; Kleiner Is Year’s Most Active Investor (pehub.com)
- Foundation with $249M invested with VCs says VC model is “broken” (kauffman.org)
- Venture investments declined in 2012 (miamiherald.com)
- Enterprise Social Media Startups Struggle for Exits But Attract VCs (pehub.com)
- Global Cleantech Investments Slip 33% in 2012 (sustainablebusiness.com)
- Funding For Business Startups Declines (sanfrancisco.cbslocal.com)
- VC Funding Declined For First Time in 3 Years (mashable.com)