I interviewed Steve Kirsch, CEO OneID @Future Money & Tech who has invested in Bitcoin & startups that are focused on the security of Bitcoin. If there is any malware on your computer, your Bitcoin can be totally lost. Anyone who has Bitcoin is at risk unless you are storing your Bitcoin in an offline wallet & thats pretty hard to do for most people. All the metrics for Bitcoin is going up, Coinbase is growing 10% a week which is huge! Most people haven’t heard of Bitcoin. He thinks there will be another 100 times increase in the value of Bitcoin over the next year or 2. Because Bitcoin went up so fast he feels vcs are worried it can also fall so fast. Supply is finite – there are about 11 to 12 million Bitcoins in circulation right now & that grows at a very slow pace. It’s a controlled pace that gets slower over time. It was built to give extra rewards for people that got in early & to have good rewards for people that are already in. It adjusts the rewards commensurate with the risk.
- Bitcoin & Alternative Currencies #futuremoneytech (ezebis.com)
- Josh Elman, Partner Greylock Partners #smartmoneysv (smartmoneysv.com)
- 3 Reasons Bitcoins Aren’t in Your Wallet Yet (cio.com)
- Bitcoin: The virtual currency built on math, hope and hype (pcworld.com)
- Kristian Segerstrale, CoFounder Initial Capital #smartmoneysv (smartmoneysv.com)
- Sharon Wienbar, Managing Director Scale Venture Partners #smartmoneysv (smartmoneysv.com)